Staying at the Placid Hotel Zurich means:
- Overnight stay in a Design Room, Studio, Loft, Junior Suite or Suite
- Panorama window with view and hydraulic opening system in the room
- Free Wifi internet access in all areas
- Elegant Nespresso coffee machine with tea facilities in the room
- Complimentary bottle of water in the room
- Tablet-PC/electronic concierge service with digital mini bar in the room (no fridge)
- Soundproof rooms
- Slippers and toiletries in all rooms
- Free telephone calls to Central Europe
- 24-hour reception and drinks service
- Restaurant, bistro, bar and garden terrace
- Free bike rental of Zurich's own "Zweiradgeber" bikes
- E-scooter rental
- Use of the Placid fitness area
- Reduced entrance fee for the Thermal Bath & Spa Zurich (distance 5km)
- Free entrance fee for up to 4 persons per day to the Zoo Zurich (distance 5km)
No reservation, first come - first serve!
- Mental relaxation in the quiet room
- Lounge exclusively for hotel guests
- Business corner with notebook and printer
- In-house conference area and breakout rooms
- Coworking spaces and private offices
- Luggage storage
- Disabled-friendly and wheelchair accessible rooms
- No smoking in all rooms and private areas
- Bathrobes in Loft, Corner and Suite rooms
Children and families
- Children are welcome. There is no surcharge for one child until 6 years age using existing bedding.
A baby cot is for CHF 15,- per night.
- There is no capacity for extra beds in the rooms.
Only room categories "Lifestyle Loft", "Boutique Junior Suite", "Boutique Smart Suite" and "Lifestyle Suite" are available with three or four beds.
- Children chairs, painting equipment and children dishes in the restaurant.
- Children's playground on our terrace.
- Table tennis on our terrace.
- Indoor children's playroom for young and old
- For children aged 3 and over: childcare in the Kids' Club (against a fee).
Half board packages
- Half board includes a rich breakfast buffet and dinner. The dinner includes a 3-course menu with starter (soup or salad), a main course (meat or vegetarian) and dessert.
- Alternatively, you can choose from our à la carte menu and receive a meal credit of CHF 40 per adult | youths from 7-17 years CHF 30 | children from 0-6 years CHF 15. It is not possible to use the credit for beverage consumptions or to get a refund of the unused credit.
- The hotel is completely wheelchair accessible.
- Handicapped parking in front of the buidling and in the underground car park.
- Room categories "Sunrise Corner Room", "Boutique Studio", "Boutique Junior Suite" and "Boutique Smart Suite" are fully wheelchair accessible and barrier-free with extra wide doors and entrances and partly with holding and support handles for shower and toilet.
- An electrically adjustable patient bed (90x200cm | height 55 cm) costs an extra charge of CHF 40 per night.
Pets are allowed in the hotel as well as in the restaurant. CHF 15.- per dog per night including dog blanket and bowl, without food. Assistance dogs are free of charge.
Flexible rates: Free cancellation until 6.00 pm on the day of arrival. No prepayment required, credit card details required as booking guarantee, pre-autorisation possible. Late cancellations or no-shows will be charged with 100% of the first night's rate.
Prepayment rates / non-refundable rates / advanced purchase rates: 100% prepayment upon booking, no refund! If canceled, modified or in case of no-show, 100% of the total price will be charged.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
We reserve the right to temporarily block a certain amount on your credit card prior to your arrival and during your stay.
Arrive from 3:00 pm
Depart till 12:00 noon
Early check-in or late check-out you can book online or you contact us. Each addtional hour is for CHF 10 per room - maximum 6 additional hours.
Opening Hours Placid Hotel Zurich
The hotel reception is staffed 24 hours a day, every day. After midnight the main entrance is closed. Please use the night bell or your room key.
Opening Hours Buckhuser Bar, Bistro, Restaurant
Breakfast Monday-Friday: 6.30 - 10.00 am | Saturday, Sunday and public holiday: till 12.00 noon
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11.30 am - 2.00 pm
Dinner Monday-Saturday: 5.30 pm - 9.00 pm
Bar Monday-Saturday: non-stop till 11 pm
Sunday closed (only breakfast, no bar, no dinner)
We kindy ask for table reservation:
Book a table online +41 (0)58 204 87 87 [email protected]
For groups of 16 people or more, please contact us directly! Dogs are allowed in the restaurant.
Restaurant winter closing: From Sunday, 24th December 2023 till Sunday, 7th January 2024 the Buckhuser with bar, bistro and restaurant remains closed. Only breakfast is served.
English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Swiss German
Cards and foreign currency accepted
American Express | VISA | MasterCard | Diners Club | JCB | Union Pay | Maestro | EC Card | Post Card | EURO | Lunch checks | Lunch cards | REKA Card | REKA Check | REKA Lunch Check | PayPal | Bitcoin | Bitcoin Cash
Underground parking spaces (height 2.15m) with direct hotel access and outside parking spaces for larger vehicles are available. CHF 25 per vehicle per day. Parking reservation is not possible.
2 charging stations for electric vehicles with all common types of plugs available in the underground parking.
Coach parking with power supply and trailer parking available - pre-reservation needed.